Welcome to November ladies and gents! So glad to have you all here for another year’s worth of gift guides at TCM. Today’s gift guide will be for my favorite skincare picks that are $20 and under because we want our coins to stretch this year am I right? And while there may be some overlap, this isn’t 100% my Best of Beauty Awards! Some of these are products I have on my own personal wishlist based off of friends’ recommendations!
This post contains some affiliate links through which I earn a small commission dedicated to the upkeep of this blog.
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser: This is pretty much the only cleanser I’ve used for the last year (not counting heavy makeup days) and it has held up to the test of time. Just to point out, nothing on the site claims it removes waterproof makeup (which is why when people mention that it didn’t, it drives me nuts) but it’s great for a basic cleanse and to remove a little mascara and eyeliner!
- Pond’s Cold Cream Cleanser: This stuff removes all of my makeup. Always. Never fails. I love how creamy it feels, and you get an enormous jar for less than $6 at Target. #winning
- Pixi Glow Tonic: A good, gentle chemical exfoliant for beginners, plus it was the only chemical exfoliant I tried this year that didn’t break me out! I just reviewed it here!
- Nair Face Cream: Yes, I Nair my face. Nothing to be ashamed of! I just got my hairy likeness from my dad, and I’m not fond of how my products apply when the hair is there. I only do this about once a month and a half or so because I don’t want my skin to get irritated, and because it’s chemical, it doesn’t grow back super fast either.
- Glossier Super Bounce: Holy Moly I love this stuff. The Glossier Supers were my first foray into concentrated serums, and while Super Glow turned out to be a bit of a bust, and I don’t have much need for Super Pure (unless it’s being preventative hence my not having pimples), Super Bounce has just made my skin so plump and juicy!!! I feel so full of moisture! It’s amazing!
- The Ordinary Retinol: One of the things I hear so often from my older, skincare inclined friends is “I wish I’d started earlier!” Since I’ve had the fortune of starting super early, one of the things I’ve incorporated into my routine is this retinol! It’s creamy and sinks right into the skin, and it doesn’t smell too medicinal either. And it’s SUPER cheap! It’s a win all around! Plus, if you buy from ASOS, you can use their coupons!
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel: This was a product recommendation from an Asia Jackson Youtube video, and although I’ve only been using it about a month, I’m in love! It smells so fresh, sinks right into the skin, and doesn’t leave any residue even on my oily days which my Priming Moisturizer could do from time to time.
- All Tony Moly Sheet Masks: This brand is not only affordable and Instagrammable, but also very effective at making me feel hella luxurious, if only for 30-60 minutes at a time.
I hope this list helps you get a jump start on your holday shopping! Keep an eye out on Thursday for my cosmetics gift guide! See you soon!