Every day, I do a mini scroll through Pinterest. What’s become frustrating is the lack of new, interesting style looks! Every blogger seems to be using the same silhouettes and color palettes! I’ve always liked a good helping of color to my outfits, so all of the posts about having a “capsule wardrobe” are practical, but unoriginal in this day and age. That’s why I’m showing you 6 great pieces you should own in your Anti Capsule Wardrobe. Basically, an ACW is full of clothing pieces that can also be used with multiple outfits, but have a little more life to them, ya feel? Today, I’ve gathered 6 pieces that should definitely be part of your ACW!
A Tulle Skirt
Contrary to popular belief, tulle skirts don’t have to make you look childish like a fairy princess. It doesn’t have to be super fluffy and short like a Halloween costume, nor does it have to be an outrageous color (although I like mine that way). Some great tulle skirts exist out there! I enjoy skirts with an elastic waistband, an a-line shape, and a midi length. It reads fun yet sophisticated. I own one from Rue21 in a gorgeous wine red, but black, navy blue, mint, and peach are all popular colors as well!
Everyone knows the benefits of a good pair of blue jeans. However, there’s a way to step up your denim game without sinking to the lows of clear pants. I define “special” denim as denim with embroidery, sequins, painted, etc. Anything that takes a regular pair of jeans to the next level without changing the basics. I don’t recommend colored denim for this only because it tends to deviate from its original color over time. Also, go crazy with the cut! Skinny jeans are cute, but have we forgotten the beauty of flares and bootcuts???
People have forgotten that animal print can be chic and not cheesy. Think about it like Fran Drescher from the TV comedy, the Nanny. She loved animal print, but always made sure to wear it with clean silhouettes and basic colors! I’m partial to leopard print, but you pick your fave! Plus, this isn’t limited to your clothing! Animal print accessories pack the punch without being overbearing!
Lots of Hats
The world of hats is so versatile, but no one seems to wear anything besides Dad hats these days. Now, I’m not knocking them (I have a couple) but I love the theatrics of a good hat, and there’s one for everything! Beanies are my personal favorite, but I have a new affinity for sun hats this year, so that’s always fun!
I think I personally don’t give scarves enough credit! It’s probably because I wear a lot of graphic tees, and scarves tend to block the messaging, but now that I own a couple pieces that are solid colors, I think scarves would make a great addition to my wardrobe. They come in a lot of colors, patterns, and fabrics, so you could wear one with literally anything. I’m not a fan of infinity scarves, but rather traditional ones so I can tie them however I feel on that day!
Last, but certainly not least, we need STATEMENT jewelry in our Anti Capsule Wardrobe. I’m talking the exact opposite of tiny studs, infinity rings, and just overall “dainty” jewelry. I want geometric shapes, big jewels, holographic nonsense! I have a pair of hoops in the shape of stars, some hot pink chandelier type earrings also shaped like stars, and a choker with a holographic planet charm. The more unique the better!
I hope you guys enjoy my favorite pieces for an Anti Capsule Wardrobe! What funky pieces would you include in your ACW? Let me know in the comments, and I’ll see ya next week!
SHOP THIS POST
Heads up! This post was feature on the Independent Fashion Bloggers weekly round up! Be sure to go check out the other great bloggers who were also featured!
Links à la Mode, August 3rd
- Adorned in Armor: Reclaiming My Time
- Aesthetic Distance: Real Talk: When You Are A Jack Of All Trades, You Are A Master Of SOME
- Away from the Blue: Outfits for Expressing Breastmilk at Work: Pumping Friendly Dresses
- Eyes on Style TO: Floral Shorts and Mid-Length Vests
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Summer Dress Essentials
- Green Acres Meets Paris: Patricia Nash Designs “Enjoying the Moment” in Knoxville
- Girl in Betsey: How to Date in the Digital Era
- Hampton Roads Fashion and Style: Maternity Style | Lace Midi Dress
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: An Ever Elusive Dress
- Jessica Sheppard: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Life in the Fash Lane: Re-Purposed Maxi
- Modernly Michelle: What to Wear to Summer Time Brunch
- Sifa’s Corner: 5 Fashion Tips That Will Never Go Out of Style
- Tales of Two: Manly to Spit Walk – Exploring Sydney’s Isolated Beaches
- T and Tour: My Mykonos Travel Guide
- The Chic Machine: 6 Pieces to Include in Your Anti Capsule Wardrobe