Hey, everyone! To those who celebrated, I hope you had an awesome Easter weekend! This week, I will do a complete. Skin. DETOX. Wanna know why? I’m going to my SENIOR PROM on Saturday! I’m very excited because prom gives me a chance to get totally glam and dance the night away! There will be more details on my makeup look and outfit later, but this week, I’ve got to get my skin clean and clear! I already have fairly good skin, but I want it baby butt smooth so all of my makeup can be applied ~flawlessly~. So, this week I won’t be wearing ANY makeup, and instead, I’ll be chronicling my skincare routine until the big day across my channels (@thechicmachine). This routine (or something similar with YOUR favorite products) can be used before a big event with noticeable results!
This post contains some referral and affiliate links through which this blog makes a small amount of money that goes to the upkeep of this blog! I have purchased all products and this post is NOT sponsored.
The Game Plan
- My morning routines will be fairly simple as I will use the same products every day.
- Glossier Milky Jelly (Cleanser)
- All 3 Glossier Supers (Serums)
- Glossier Soothing Face Mist (Toner/Hydrating Mist)
- Glossier Priming Moisturizer Original (Moisturizer)
- Missha All Around Safe Block SPF 45 (Sunscreen)
This will keep my skin hydrated and sun protected for all the days leading up to the dance. This biggest caveat here is NO MAKEUP. Especially face makeup (foundation,etc.) but also eye and lip makeup as well. Of course, you only have to do this to your own comfort level, but I won’t be wearing any at all.
- My evening routines will be a little more complex because I want to give my skin ample time to soak up all the goodness I’m putting into it.
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water (Makeup Remover)*
- Pond’s Cold Cream Cleanser (Oil Based Cleanser)
- Tony Moly Peach Punch Sweet Foam Cleanser (Water Based/Foaming Cleanser)
- Pixi Glow Tonic (Chemical Exfoliator/Toner)**
- (Mon.,Wed.,Fri.) Some sort of sheet mask. I have undereye masks as well as full face masks so I’ll do one of the two (or maybe both if I feel like it)
- (Tues.,Thurs.) A deep cleaning mask (clay,mud,etc.)
- Final Night Cream (I rotate between Glossier Moon Mask and Julep Night Shift Mask)
- Friday night, I’ll also be adding a Biore pore strip between my cleansers and my sheet mask!
- *Even though I’m not wearing makeup, I plan to use this because it still removes a lot of the day’s dirt and oil from my skin on contact!
- **This is a new product I’m using, and as such, will have its own full review later. I’ve patch tested, but if I have an adverse reaction I’ll be sure to discontinue use and proceed with the skin detox as scheduled.
Other Prom Beauty Plans
I also intend on slathering Nair on my legs Thursday night because I never fail to nick myself while shaving. I’m still debating whether to do my brows myself or go have them waxed, simply because you can always tell when it’s been waxed. You know that patch of bare forehead skin surrounded by everything else? Yeah, that. All this plus the prerequisite hair and nail appointment on Saturday afternoon, and I should be ready to go!
As you can see this is serious business to me! I’ll be taking some before and after photos to show you all how it goes! To be honest, I’m probably ticking off the prom gods because I JUST ordered my shoes last night because Forever21 sold out in my size in the store. Praying they make it!
Just for you guys, I have a couple cool offers! Remember that if you buy Glossier for the 1st time, you can get 20% off with my link! Thank you to everyone who has already purchased through it, and although we’re working on incentives for returning customers, I hope you will choose to continue shopping with me! Also, if you’re trying Pixi Beauty for the 1st time like I am, you can use my link for $5 off your purchase! I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and make sure you’re following me on my channels (@thechicmachine)! all these goodies make me feel like a giveaway is coming on…
-Dymond M. <3