This past weekend, I posted this adorable photo on my Instagram (@thechicmachine)! I’d been trying to find new ways to play with my (newly dyed) hair until it grows out long enough to put into one ponytail. I think makeup looks can become a lot more diverse when your hair is put up away from your face because now you have an entire canvas to work with! Today, I’ll be teaching you how to recreate this very 90s look that I like to call “Space Spice” because if I were a Spice Girl, that’s probably the name I’d choose! PS: I swear I didn’t intentionally use all Glossier products, but they’ve worked their way so seamlessly into my routine that it happens sometimes. <3
- Silver Toned Highlighter – I used Glossier Haloscope in Moonstone ($22)
- Blush (Any Color as long as you look a little flushed) – I used Glossier Cloud Paint, Dusk and Haze mixed together. ($18/1 and $30/2 w/ code 2BLUSH)
- Brow product of your choice – I used Glossier Boy Brow in Clear ($16)
- Lipstick that closely matches your blush – I used Glossier Generation G in Jam. ($18)
- You can also use any foundation/concealer/etc. that you’d like. However, I wanted it to be a fresher look, so I opted out of that and any eye makeup!
- Use whatever you have to start with a clean base! I double cleansed with Pond’s Cold Cream Cleanser and Tony Moly’s Peach Punch Sweet Foam Cleanser. I followed up with my Glossier Supers and Priming Moisturizer, and then Missha’s Safe Block SPF 45.
- BLUSH FIRST, THEN HIGHLIGHTER. This is especially important if they’re both powder formulas as they’ll be a little harder to blend. Since Haloscope and Cloud Paint are both cream formulas, I applied the Haze/Dusk blend first. Then, I put Moonstone right around my eyes and blended the edges together.
- Do your brow thing, girl!!! I put the brows after the highlight because you don’t want it smudging your perfectly fleeked brows, do you? I just throw a swipe of BB Clear through my brows and allow them to dry.
- Lastly, swipe your lip color of choice on and BAM, you’re done!
Bringing Back the 90s!
Here’s the final look! Now you can recreate your own spicy vibes right at home! If you try out this look, post it on IG and tag me! Make sure to check back later this week for another Youtube video! There’s a sneak peek of the content over on my IG, and while you’re there don’t forget to follow!
-Dymond M. <3